Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ship Of Rome by John Stack

Reviewed by Caleb Davies Year 10 as part of The 50 Book Challenge

This book is based on the first Punic Wars (These were wars which were fought between Rome and Carthage from 264 BC to 146 BC.  At the time, they were probably the largest wars that had ever taken place) It is about a Greek named Atticus who commands one of Rome's coastal patrol boats.  He must convince Rome to construct a fleet to destroy the Carthaginians and save the Roman legions in Sicily from starvation. 

I really liked the way that the sea battles were told.  They were told in a way where I just couldn't guess what was going to happen next.  I did find some bit didn't really make sense to me though.  I think it is a great book with a gripping story line and I almost couldn't stop reading it!

Below is a video of John Stack talking about this book which is very popular here at King's High.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please think carefully before you comment. Only niceness and kindness is allowed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails