Nathaniel loves to read big fantasy books, he likes the way they take you to an new world. He thinks that reading them is a great break from studying but that they still keep your mind working.
Nathaniel's love of books and reading have been things he has enjoyed sharing with younger students and he has often contributed to booktalks this year, recommending some of his favourite books to junior students, and occasionally issuing books to students because he thinks that the books are too good for them not to read even when the students were at times reluctant.
When asked to recommend some books to our readers he heartily recommends the following:
- The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
- The Way of King's series by Brandon Sanderson
- The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
- The Enemy (and series) by Charlie Higson
- The Passage by Justin Cronin
- The Painted Man series by Peter V. Brett
- The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks
- The Name of the Wind (and series) by Patrick Rothfuss
- The Left Hand of God (and series) by Paul Hoffman
- Feast of Souls (and series) by Celia Friedman
You will notice these are all fantasy or dystopian novels, because that is what he loves. Nathaniel will be heartily missed in the library next year, even though he promises to visit from time to time. He is going to miss his privileged first access to new books but hopes to find new treasures in the public library which he can recommend to King's Library. You will be missed Nat!