It's been a great year here at King's High School. We have had a focus on academic performance and lots of new initiatives have been implemented. This blog is just over a year old today. I can't believe it's had 4,000 hits and people from all over the world come and have a look. However it is good to reflect on what you do and I thought on the last day I would ponder a little.
What is good about the blog?
- A place for the students to interact with the library and the librarian and to feel engaged and involved with what is posted on here.
- A place to show parents and friends of the school some of the great things about our school and our students and what happens in the library and sometimes in the greater school community.
- A venue for the students to see some fun stuff in a learning environment.
- New services and new ideas can be showcased and introduced to the students on the blog.
- One thing that I personally think the blog shows is how much the boys value our library, they love being here and enjoy the atmosphere and the friends they make in the library and often these groups of boys who are very different, but who connect through the library, stay friends through their high school lives.
- Next year there will be a student as a blog team member. A way to get greater buy in from the students.
- A suggestion book for the blog as well as the one for the general library.
- Staff will be encouraged to participate much more in the blog.
- More student work will be profiled on here.
- The blog will be an inherent part of library week in October.
- Our bookclub will hopefully be up and running early in the year next year and will take an active part in contributing on the blog.